Monday, November 24, 2008

Random Musings

Texas Tech got their collective rears handed to them on Saturday, by OU. That's somewhat disappointing. I was really afraid after they beat Texas this would happen. It's somewhat tradition: Tech beats a big team, but can't sustain the momentum for too long. They definitely didn't look like a Top 10 team. They looked like the ugly girl in the Miss America contest: not quite sure how they got there, pretty certain they didn't belong, and everyone else knew they were way out of place.

HELLBOY II is a decent movie. Not a bad follow-up to the first movie, and the visual effects were absolutely incredible. Very much an eye candy film.

I had a Sig 229 converted from DAO to its original DA/SA, and I love it. It was a somewhat disappointing gun as a DAO. The trigger was much too heavy for decent groupings. Now, it's quite nice. It's even smoother than other Sigs I have handled, and I have a feeling it's going to be carried quite a bit. Like starting tomorrow....

Is it not painfully obvious to everyone; even the liberals, that the media is WAAAAY liberal-biased? Is it not also readily apparent that the wacko branch of the Democratic party is out to destroy the conservative point of view in America? Is it not time for conservatives to fight like our way of life is at stake? Because it is.

WORLD WAR Z is a relentlessly entertaining novel, written by no one less than Mel Brooks' son. I'm absolutely digging this book.

I also finished the latest SPENSER novel, called ROUGH WEATHER. A great read, like every Spenser novel. The characters and dialogue are the best in detective fiction, bar none. It's good entertainment.

For you contemporary Christian listeners, if you can get your hands on Rob Attaway's SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, it's good music all the way around. Check him out at this link. Not to brag, but I've had the pleasure of jamming with this guy. He has a great voice, plays the piano like a fiend, and he's an absolutely phenomenal guitarist. I'm honored to have played on the same stage with this guy, and I hope to do it again. Not to mention that the guy is super nice, funny, and all the way around cool. The only downside: he makes me realize how pathetic a guitarist that I am. Oh well.

For those who don't gravitate towards that type of music: Coheed and Cambria is quite an entertaining band. I've also discovered the genius of Iron Maiden, after catching one of their concerts on TV the other night. Wow. No, they're not Satanic, despite what their song titles might suggest. Listen to it, and make up your own mind.

Wow, Christian music mentioned on the same page as Iron Maiden. How often does that happen??? I need more eclectic dichotomies in my life....

1 comment:

Preston said...

Congrats on another Cowboy Blob win! I didn't even place. :(

I didn't like Hellboy II as much as the original. The effects were great, but there was too much high school drama between red and his woman.

Told ya' you'd like the Z.