Monday, April 24, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again....

And so I am.

Wow. Over a year has gone by, and here I am back on the Internet. It's like coming home again. This thing actually still works.

It's sorta embarassing, but I actually forgot my passwords to the site. Memory is like any other kind of mental or physical function: use it or lose it. Well, I lost it. The worst thing is that my old internet provider shut down my email account, so it's dead. That means I couldn't retreive my passwords and such from the web host. Oops. I had to do mental calesthenics until I remembered the right password and combinations to get back on here. And here I am.

I could go on about various things that I've been up to over the course of the last year, and I will in good time. I could ramble on about the state of the world as I see it, and I'll do that as well. First things first, however. I just gotta POST something. Here you go.

Not much for the first time back in the saddle, but all that will change shortly. The great thing about blogging so much back in the day was that it kept my writing chops fairly polished. I'm looking forward to continuing to do so, as well as airing out all my dirty laundry in a public forum. Just kidding. Well, sort of.

I wonder if I actually remember how to link to things, and all that fun stuff. Only time will tell. Let's try a test link, just to see how it does. This is to one of my all-time favorite blog sites, if you haven't figured it out already. Go read it. Good stuff there.

OK, where have I been? I relocated, worked a job at a place that didn't have internet, and I was too poor to continue to have the service. So I quit blogging. Simple as that. I relocated the blind dog, prognosticating gliders, the insane dog, the new addition dog, and the spouse once more. I'm now still too poor to have the internet, but have hit the ether again anyway. And we're not moving again. Ever. They'll have to dynamite this house around our ears. Burn us out like monsters out of the proverbial windmill. But we ain't moving, period.

Moving is sheer torture. If I am unfortunate enough to be sent to Hell, I'll be made to get up each day and move all my worldly possessions from place to place. Probably to a third story apartment with narrow stairs, too. That's it. The worst torture I can imagine.

Everybody go bug my friend Paul at his website. He just had a new baby girl. Well, he didn't. His wife did, and apparently he had some part in the whole process.

I'll be back with more witty insight into life, the universe, and everything. Glad to be here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Horray! I never lost the faith, brutha'.