Monday, June 19, 2006

Mechanically 'Tarded With a 1911

So I decided I'd carry a small 1911 as the primary gun. All went well, until I had to shoot the goofy thing. I had the opportunity to blast a snake with it this weekend. The gun shoots great, and I blew the little beastie's head right off. I've noted that I'm pretty comfortable shooting the 1911. It just means that I have to clean the darn gun, unfortunately.

That's when I got mad and put a Sig back into rotation. The 1911 isn't for people who are mechanically 'tarded, like me.

I finally got the hang of taking a 1911 apart that has the barrel bushing. I even got the hang of getting the full-length recoil guide on the little Kimber. I just lost the take down tool in the big move. Again, no problem, a paper clip theoretically will get the job done. I managed to not have a small enough paper clip to catch the spring and fit down the tube. So I'm stuck with a dirty gun until I can figure all this out again, and get a smaller paper clip.

I feel like an idiot. But I WILL master the 1911 automatic, both in its use and maintenance. I hope..

No comments: