Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Back In Business

I'm back from a nice couple of days in south central Texas--God's country if there ever was one.

It was great to camp out with old friends. I was again reminded of the important things in life, as well as why old friends are still friends. While there are differences between us that were not there 15 years ago, there is still common ground. It's always nice to get back to where one came from, and be with the people who have been there since the beginning.

As always, it was great to spend time with my family. I don't get to do that often enough anymore, and I treasure every minute I get to spend with them.

The whole trip made me focus again on what is important in life. Friends and family have to be pretty high on the list.

We can earn all the money in the world. We can become powerful and prestigious. Ultimately, it does not mean a thing without the ones we love. In fact, I would argue that success in life cannot be possible without friends and family. I would not be where I am today without them, I can assure you. Though I have to wonder sometimes exactly where that really is....

No comments: