Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Specter of Evil

The debate rages on Arlen Specter and his apparent undermining of conservative judicial nominees.

I think I would rather see Pee-Wee Hermann as Chairman of the Judicial Committee over Specter. I don't think I've ever really liked the guy. His opposition to Robert Bork did not win him any brownie points in my book. He has also never seemed quite conservative enough, to me. But who is??

Hugh Hewitt (as usual) has a great deal of discussion on the issue on his blog site. He's probably one of the best informed people in the country on this issue, and he makes some compelling arguments as to why Specter isn't quite the Devil incarnate. I think Specter's probably not the Devil, just one of the lesser imps.

Plus, he has an evil-sounding name. That's got to count for something.

No comments: