Monday, October 09, 2006

How The Republicans Sold Us Out, Part 1000

Michelle Malkin concisely sums up the load of dung being shoveled at us concerning the border fence.

Basically, today is the last day Bush could sign the legislation into law, or a pocket veto would go into effect.

Plus, the border hoopla he kicked up last week in Arizona was only for the 1.2 billion he had appropriated for Homeland Security---not the fence.

So we've gotten the shaft. This proves without a doubt the Republicans aren't really interested in helping us out on border security. Why???

Read this little post on Flametoad regarding the "cheap" labor the wetbacks have been inflicting upon us, and how easily that problem is remedied.

Yes, "wetback" is a derogatory term. I meant it that way. Sue me.

In a nutshell, the border remains open because nobody, and I mean nobody, in our government wants to do anything about it. That is sickening. The Republicans are just as guilty, if not more so than the Democrats. They've had the political clout to get it done, but refuse for some unknown reason. Our vaunted state senators, who in correspondence assured me they were all for halting the flow of illegal immigrants into the US, voted against funding the border fence.

So that's a direct stab in the back, as far as I'm concerned. There's no other way of looking at it.

Thus, a dilemma. I hate the demoncrats, and everything they stand for. The Republicans say they stand for the same things I do, yet their actions do not indicate such. I'm not voting democrat. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to vote for the Republicans that are up there.

What does that leave me? A protest libertarian vote? That almost ensures the democrats will get into office.

Previously, I've written about right and wrong. Voting for the lesser of two evils still means I'm condoning some sort of evil. That doesn't sit well with me. With everything else that I've had blowing up in my life lately, I've realized that I'm not compromising my moral standards and values any more. Ever.

So I guess that means the Republicans have lost my vote. So it'll be all independent voting this next election. But it's the right thing to do at this point.

The heck with all of them.

No comments: