Saturday, December 18, 2004

Mental Crack

The new Xbox has consumed me these last few nights. I mean, consumed. On the plus side, I’ve almost played my way through HALO 2. That has no redeeming social value whatsoever, I am fully aware. But it’s been good to decompress a bit stress-wise. It hasn’t done a lot for polishing my writing chops, however. Oh well.

There’s something satisfying about playing a game system with a hand-held controller. I know you computer-purists out there will say that computer games have better graphics, etc. I find that hard to believe. This Xbox has great graphics, great sound, and is much easier to control than a keyboard-based system. It hearkens back to the old Atari days. The cutting edge of 1980’s technology remembered.

I can see lots of wasted time in my future.

No comments: