Monday, December 06, 2004

Random Musings For The Night

The new dog has done a total of $200 damage to the house. I don’t know about this. I hope he ends up saving our life from a burning building or something. Otherwise this free dog will have cost me an awful lot. We left him alone for a bit this afternoon, separated from the other dogs. Calamity ensued. It appeared a small cyclone had run through the house. I found myself barely restraining murderous thoughts that would make a PETA person have a coronary if they could read minds. As it was, the air turned blue for several blocks from the language. Then the dog looked at us with really sad eyes and went and lay down on my wife’s foot. All was forgiven. We’re such suckers.

He also got a bath today. The end result was a clean dog, and owners who appeared to be part Sasquatch after all the shedding of black hair was done.

http://geekwitha45.blogspot.com/ brought my attention to Senator John “I Really Deserve to be President” McCain insisting the government pass mandatory drug testing standards on major league baseball. Just what we need: the government in baseball. If these guys want to get juiced up and shrivel their manhood, so what? No, they’re not good role models. We’re starting to get that picture. Let the marketplace deal with it, though. Every time the government passes a law, they screw something up. McCain’s just campaigning early for 2008. Though I’d rather vote Libertarian than give McCain any help whatsoever. I don’t trust him as far as I could throw the Statute of Liberty.

People are starting to do something else other than go to baseball games already. Baseball will find itself in the same position as hockey before much longer. They’ll continue to behave as hoodlums and druggies, demand more money, and then strike. Nobody will care, and the sport will suffer irreparable harm. Look at what happened the last time baseball went on strike. The sport was almost destroyed. Maybe that’s what it needs. Burn it, and we’ll see if a new bird rises from the ashes.

http://reasonablenut.blogspot.com/ has an interesting post about the relative speed involving the reloading of an AR vs. an M-1 Garand. Food for thought.

I'm outta here. The hour grows late, and I must be in the coffin by sunup....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our Free dog cost us $500 in vet bills before the first two weeks were out.

I will not try to count how much he cost us after that...

Here was a recount of his miss deeds early on.

The ListFortunately he seems to have grown out of his destructive stage will little more lost. He does occasionally get a wild hair though...

Kirk
www.limpidity.org/blog