Thursday, May 04, 2006

"No. There is another....."

Just when I think George Lucas can't possibly debase himself any worse than the late shift in a Filipino brothel, he manages to exceed my low expectations yet again.

Unfortunately, I find myself happy about this new ploy. He's going to release more special editions of the original STAR WARS trilogy. These will contain the original versions of STAR WARS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and RETURN OF THE JEDI. That's what I've been waiting for. I thought Lucas was going to completely ignore his core fan base, and forever claim those putrid special editions were the "real thing." It was like changing the formula of Coca-Cola. Boy, I really dated myself with that reference, didn't I?

I vowed the fuzzy-faced egomaniac wasn't going to get any more of my money, but he's found a way to sucker me in one more time. Apparently the mortgage is due on the new Lucasarts facility in the old Presidio.

For the generation that has now grown up watching the horrible special editions, this will really be a big deal. It will change their whole tiny worlds. I will go on record right now as saying this is as big as the Zapruder film.

We can now prove definitively that Han Solo shot FIRST to these little punks.

No comments: